Thursday, January 6, 2011

Spotlight on... Lacey Chu!

We're pleased to add Honolulu native, Lacey Chu, to the cast.  Lacey will take over the role of "Narrator." We're getting to know Lacey along with you.


Lacey Chu (Center) on the set of Lychee Thieves
in the role of  "Lady Yang."

Why acting?
Acting is a way of exploring all of those emotions and aspects of one's personality that aren't really allowed to be shown in 'real life.'  For me, it's also a way to share my enthusiasm for the text and/or character with an audience, and hopefully make it come alive for them.  

How did you get involved with Shikataganai?
I spotted the casting notice online for a play reading and was immediately interested; I love reading aloud, especially new plays.

What is your favorite word?
Cake



Lacey Chu as "Amelia" in Vanity Fair at
Bristol Old Vic Studio.
What is your least favorite word?
Stupid

What turns you on?
Really good writing

What turns you off?
Cheese

What sound or noise do you love?
Cats purring

What sound or noise do you hate?
The sound of me dropping and breaking something (an all too frequent occurrence, unfortunately)

What is your favorite curse word?
I like the phrase 'a pox on it!' though I can't say I've ever used it

What do you plan to do with your life?
I'd like to keep pursuing acting and voice coaching, and keep practicing yoga

What profession would you NOT like to do?
Anything requiring an ugly uniform

Why is theatre necessary?
I think the fact that it's happening live is really exciting; unlike a film or other art forms where the viewer just sees the finished product, in the theatre, the audience's reactions can really contribute to the overall performance.  And when everything goes right--when the actors are really listening to each other and to the audience, and vice versa--it can be magical and there's nothing else quite like it.    

No comments:

Post a Comment